A downloadable mecha tabletop RPG
Claim a Better Future!
In a ruined and terraformed world where most of humanity is under the yoke of a brutal regime, the former workers of a once-remote factory - now known as The Collective - have risen up to create a future of freedom from oppression. You are an Ace - a highly skilled pilot referred from a Division in The Collective and assigned a humanoid combat vehicle known as a Frame. You and your Strike Team of fellow Aces must take on The Collective’s greatest threats, ensure its survival, and carve a path for its continued success.
APOCALYPSE FRAME is designed to be very fast to pick up and play, and it's suitable for both one-shots and extended campaigns. Combat is quick, punchy, and deadly for Aces' enemies. This game includes:
- A very simple three-attribute resolution system that only needs d6's.
- Nine Frames with unique traits and abilities.
- Tactical rules simple enough to use without a grid (though a hex grid is recommended) but deep enough to maintain interest over time.
- A modular loadout system that provides great flexibility for your Frame with low bookkeeping.
- A host of threats for your Aces to defeat:
- 21 standard enemies.
- 4 Prime enemies - deadly threats who can be used as bosses and prominent antagonists.
- 2 Colossus enemies - enormous threats who can be the centerpiece of a battle.
- Advice on running the game and customizing the setting to fit your preferences.
- A campaign system with varied kinds of missions and rewards that provides texture and structure to longer-running games.
An Illuminated Mecha RPG
This game is Illuminated by LUMEN, based on the LUMEN RPG system designed by Spencer Campbell, Gila RPGs. This game is in no way affiliated with Spencer Campbell or Gila RPGs.
I was most influenced by:
- LUMEN/LIGHT, clearly!
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (parts of it, anyhow) had a ton of influence on the concept and prospective missions and enemies.
- Armored Core was an inspiration for the speed of play and modularity of Frames.
- Battletech gave me the idea of using hexes and lent some inspiration for how initial/canonical Frame loadouts are laid out.
- XCOM was an unexpected and unintentional (but ultimately welcome) influence for campaign flow.
This game is fully playable right now, but the presentation (and to a lesser extent the content) is a work in progress. I’ve created an Itchfunding campaign for the purposes of improving the presentation of this and any future productions. This would hopefully include improved layouts, cover art, and art of Frames and enemies.
Regardless of funding status, I intend to follow this with content modules, including things like pre-written missions, campaign planning ideas, and new Armaments, Systems, and Frames.
In order to download this mecha tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this mecha tabletop RPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you want to check this out without paying for whatever reason, help yourself to a copy here. If you like what you see, though, please consider purchasing a copy - every purchase adds a community copy to the pool for others.
- v0.3 release!9 days ago
- Thoughts about v0.2 -> v0.3: Resources, Systems, and Size18 days ago
- Thoughts about v0.2 -> v0.3: Armaments and Dice19 days ago
- Thoughts about v0.2 -> v0.3: Let's get weirder21 days ago
- Slight change of plans!22 days ago
- Expansion Chat 3: Tyrants36 days ago
- Expansion chat 2: Campaigns42 days ago
- Expansion chat 1: Experimental Loadouts46 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.